Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hello, Good Buy


I love Target. You can get some cute stuff and good deals there. Target makes my patients appreciate me.
Every night I send Target at least 10 patients who lack health insurance. 300 great drugs I can write for a mere four bucks.
Skip that daily Grande' White Mocha Light Frappuccino just for one day and heal thyself.

All night I write for Triamicinoline, Atenolol, Hctz., Amoxicillin, Doxycycline, and that good old MRSA fighter, Bactrim DS. All night. Just some tried and true generic meds - - ones I know backward and forward.
THEM: Doc, how much will it cost? I don't have insurance.

ME: I told you, I am not a doc. Go to Target. (pronounce "Tar-shay" to elicit a smile) Don't worry, it is only $4 there.

THEM: $4? FOR ONE PILL?

ME: No, all the pills. Just $4. If you go to Target.

THEM: Do I have to say anything? Is there a card I have to show?

ME: Nope, it is for everyone. $4. Go, hurry, before they close.

THEM: Hey, thanks Doc. Thanks a lot.

ME: I told you, I am not a doc. Quit smoking too.

I know, I know, Walmart has the same $4 drug list and in fact Walmart initiated the program. But I don't do Walmart (don't get me started) and I like Target's funky red medication bottles.
So, yeah, I guess I am a Target Whore and I think some of my patients are too. Good buy, Good buy....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAT SONG!!! Now, I am not going to be able to get it out of my head. Long live the Beatles too!